Thursday, December 24, 2009

Band...help wanted.

So I'm toddling around gumtree (Yeah, toddling...god, I come up with some crap sometimes) the other day and came across this list of influences:

Aisha Duo, Akron/Family, Amiina, Andrew Bird. Animal Collective, Annuals, Battles, Arcade Fire, Atlas Sound, Bat for Lashes, Blonde Redhead, Bon Iver, Broken Social Scene, Calexico, Chad VanGaalen, Charge Group, Clogs, Crayon Fields, CSS, The Cure, Decoder Ring, Dirty Projectors, Dirty Three, Empire of the Sun, Explosions in the Sky, Firekites, Fleet Foxes, Gorillaz, Jeff Buckley, Grizzly Bear, Joanna Newsom, Jose Gonzalez, Joy Division, Kasabian, Kronos Quartet, Metronomy, MGMT, The Middle East, Midnight Juggernauts, Mogawi, Mono, My Brightest Diamond, The Notwist, Of Montreal, Philip Glass, Terry Riley, Portishead, The Postal Service, Rachel's, Radiohead, The Rapture, Sigur Ros, Sonic Youth, Stars, Steve Reich, Sufjan Stevens, Telepathe, Blitzen Trapper, Monsters of Folk, M. Ward, My Morning Jacket, Velvet Underground, Talking Heads, David Bowie, BEat Happening, Beach House, Spacemen 3, The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, Smashing Pumkins, The Drums, Dum Dum Girls, An Horse, The Raveonettes.

Oh yeah, someone has good taste in music.
You'd TOTALLY be forgiven for assuming it was me but, no, it's not. Crazy.

I emailed the kid to congrat him on the aural lithium he's subjected his ears to.

Anyways. He's looking for almost anybody, who plays almost anything.

Being musically retarded I feel the need to compensate by helping recruit people for projects.

Anyways for more info go here.

If you hate the idea well... I may lead you to fire but, I'm not asking you to roll around in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment