Sunday, October 11, 2009

Filth? Unlikely.

During the week I was sold a wristband for Filth Festival at the Annandale which, was on yesterday.

I had no other gigs on, no other plans and I whole lot of free time...didn't know a band on the bill though.

I stayed from Winter People to Royal Chant.

I wasn't expecting too much from the whole day but, sometimes I get surprised.

After so-so sets from Winter People and The Ivy's I thought I'd be in for hitting the snooze button.

Then came along The Joysticks. Sticks of joy indeed! They were interesting on stage, their tunes were alive and they just kicked some rad.

After a few more whatever bands along came The Vignettes.

Young? Yes. Wild? Somewhat. Enertaining? Fuckin' A.

They had crazy songs (including the best cover of Ginuwine's Pony I've EVER heard...not that I've heard any others)nutty onstage banter (even if it was laugh 'at' not 'with'- but still, good one kids) and they kicked ass as a two piece with female drummer. Check out.

Anyways. Stayed for Royal Chant in aid of moral support (not that they needed it) as my lecturer is their manager. Not my kind of music but, they're together on stage, sounds are structured well and they look good. Yes, they are somewhat attractive.

Anyways. I've said enough nothing on something.

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment